Subject: Re: [Leica] Phong's question on large format
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:11:50 +0100 (MET)

> Daniel Ridings wrote:
> >
> > > It is definitely a learning experience and I'm glad I did it, but I
> > > wouldn't do it now.  It's just not my kind of photography - lots of setup
> > > time and great for landscapes or peeling paint but not for people!
> >
> > Bailey just did a series on two prisons in the UK using only 4x5. But his
> > subjects had no where to go, so he had plenty of time :)
> >
> > Daniel
> >
> They held still and he had less dept. of field problems?

Mark, ... _and_ he brought his own available light. I'm sure the same
thing exists in the US (most things start there) ... he's doing work for
an organization that publishes a magazine. The magazine is then sold by
homeless and other social outcasts as a way of getting money without
begging. They get a good cut of the sales price. Evidently he's been
working with that organization for a few years now. The prison project was
this year's project. A freebie he does for the publication.

His subjects were willing ... so I guess they did hold still.

Daniel

Message from Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com> (RE: [Leica] Phong's question on large format)
Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Phong's question on large format)
Message from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Phong's question on large format)