Subject: Re: [Leica] the Leica Users Group - my one stop shopping for dental advice
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:16:56 -0600

Kyle

I had a temp crown come out while on a vacation trip (first day) and
someone told me to try a Denture adhesive until I could get to a dentist.
I tried some and it worked just fine until I got back home and had the
dentist put in the permanent crown.  So go and get some Dentu Cream or
another popular brand.

Gene

                      Kyle Cassidy
                      <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>            To:       "'leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us'"
                      Sent by:                             <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        cc:
                      -alto.ca.us                         Subject:  [Leica] the Leica Users Group - my one stop shopping for dental advice

                      11/11/2003 08:16 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

so ... i was out at a fancy dinner party tonight and after eating my
vegitable layer something or other, i, like a good boy, retreated to the
rest room and began to merrily floss (as i do not want to be toothless by
50) and while whistling a happy tune, i felt something pop out of my mouth
just a little bit before i heard something clatter to the floor. "my word!"
i thought, "that was a very large large and very ceramic sounding piece of
broccoli!" but, much to my dismay, it was not a piece of broccoli, but (i'm
sure you  guessed) my crown! (insert dramatic fight music from Star Trek).
felt fine for about, ooh, ten minutes. then clutching my face in mortal
agony i staggered from the dinner party as though shot in the gut,
stumbling
like a wino on new years down to the local CVS and squirted anbisol on my
gum. this had the immediate effect of completely numbing my tongue and lips
while leaving the pain in my tooth relatively untouched. at the checkout
counter, the clerk noticed my distress (clutching side of face shrieking
"AAAAGHH!!") and said "gee, why don't you just glue that crown back in till
you see your dentist?" and promptly sold me some dubious looking crown
glue.
i tried to rouse my dentist by throwing stones through her windows and
shrieking from her driveway, but she must be out playing golf.

as the evening wore on, i met two nice young men standing by a pay phone in
the hood who were able to medicate my troubles away for the time being
(something strained through a sock followed by a bottle of Night Train),
but
they're not covered by my health insurance.

so, my question is, how reasonable an idea is using this temporary "crown
and filling" glue to replace my crown while i wait to get an appointment
with my dentist?

i figure posting here is better even than asking for advice at the NADAL
conference in chicago.....

keep pulling on that tooth, it'll come out,

kc

obleica:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker/plug/events/2003-11-07/1.j

pg