Subject: Re: [Leica] some new snaps, a propos
From: Rob Appleby <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 12:49:25 -0600

I think you're beginning to loose it here, Eric. I simply mentioned that
Salgado uses a lot of burning and dodging - effects which were deemed to be
untruthful in another context. If you want to argue about the degree, that's
OK. But that doesn't mean that no manipulation was used.

But I can see that your very considerable animus against me has taken the upper
hand. According to you I do not and never will understand anything. I haven't
actually said that about you, but it's clear that politeness is not a value on
the LUG, I've now experienced personal attacks from you, BD and Tina (the
latter was the most surprising).

Your next post suggests that I am critical of Salgado for any number of
completely extraneous (i.e. non-photographic) reasons. My argument would be
quite different, and has nothing to do with Salgado personally. However it
seems that you can only argue in the personal mode, so let's drop it.

I do hope you don't go in for this kind of bullying at your thousand year old
journalism school.

- -- Rob

http://robertappleby.com
phone (+39) 348 336 7990