Subject: Re: [Leica] Journalism, altered photo's, and other ethical debates
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:56:20 -0800

I have to confess that I love the word sophistry. One time I was reading a
book the first time I encountered the word and looked it up. The definition
was "Specious but fallacious reasoning." Never forgot that. Made quite an
impression on me I guess. Had to look up to more words!

;-)

on 11/7/03 5:52 AM, Phong at phong@doan-ltd.com wrote:

> Ayahhh.  Sometimes the list reads like the rhetorics in the Middle East.
> Why couldn't he just be plain wrong without being an unethical sophist ?
> Is it because he writes and argues well ? So do you, on issues that I
> strongly disagree with.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"Have no fear of perfection; you'll never reach it."

                                    -Salvador Dali