Subject: Re: [Leica] The Decisive Moment is gone
From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 07:47:36 +0100

Don't you think that seen from outside - i.e. from the point of view of a
non-practitioner - these various disinctions might seem less important than
they do to the photographer himself? And more fruitful if taken as an
interacting whole? It seems to be a feature of photography discussion lists
(and photographers) that they focus on a particular style or method of
taking pictures and despise all others. This is a necessary part of one's
self-definition as a photographer, I suppose, but it seems it could be
worthwhile crossing a few boundaries from time to time.

I thought the article was quite interesting and made some good points.

As for "Sontagian vomiteria" - I was pretty sure we'd get a quick dig at
Sontag somewhere on this thread. Surely you can do better.

- -- Rob

http://www.robertappleby.com
Mobile: (+39) 348 336 7990
Home: (+39) 0536 63001

All outgoing email scanned by
Norton AntiVirus (TM) 2003 Professional Edition.