Subject: Re: [Leica] The Decisive Moment is gone
From: "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:41:42 -0800

The poor wretch Gopnik is about as clueless as they come. Confusing the fine
art photographic process with the commercial press photography of HCB, and
then throwing in street photography, a more or less grass roots
photographic form, for good measure had me ROTFL.
I suppose that when documentary photography was melded into the fine art
school of thought, such an excretion from a staff keyboard ponder like
Gopnik isn't too surprising.
The usual "compare and contrast" methodology, so typical of this kind of
'"critic," reminds me of some of the strains found in Sontagian vomiteria
which we are now so familiar with.
Slobodan Dimitrov