Subject: RE: [Leica] California bashing - was Fires
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:52:04 -0600

And putting moisturizer on a bunny's back rarely causes the kinds of
atrocities that PETA claims. We get PETA fanatics serving as "advocates" for
students who don't want to do the work in Anatomy and Physiology lab. We
tell them that the slides in A&P are human tissue, not animal tissue. Their
response is "How do we know that? It might be mislabeled." We offered to
allow them to study pen and ink drawings of the tissues, but that wasn't
good enough because the scientific illustrator might have used animal
tissues to make the drawings. You eventually have to say "maybe he shouldn't
be a pre-med student", and then they go ballistic, screaming
"discrimination!!!!"

One of those conversations where it is hard to look at them without cracking
a smile.

Jeffery