Subject: RE: [Leica] to crop or not to crop
From: "Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics" <saganicc@MSKCC.ORG>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:23:45 -0400

Barney,

Indeed, although I agree with Ted, cropping is a basic skill which can separates great work from mediocrity.  The viewfinder is meaningless, only what your attempting to convey has any relevance.  Being emotionally involved is a benefit if you can really identify with the emotion.  I believe most photographers aren't emotionally involved.  I such cases I tend to put my camera down so I can really experience the moment.  For example I was all ready to photograph the birth of my daughter, when the time came I consciously chose not to hide behind the camera.  I don't regret that for a minute.  I'm on a tangent...

Chris Saganich