Subject: RE: [Leica] to crop or not to crop
From: "Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics" <saganicc@MSKCC.ORG>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:11:15 -0400

What sold me on cropping was a look at the contact sheet of a famous artist/photographer, see how she cropped the image she liked with a red grease pen in order to emphasize the particular emotion in the final print.  The difference was incredible.  I believe also that cropping on a contact sheet is easier then on larger prints.  On the computer I like to look at the thumbnails because the irrelevant information vs. the subject becomes more obvious.

Chris Saganich