Subject: Re: [Leica] Is digital photography necrophilia?
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:12:14 -0400

Jeff S wrote:

> Rolfe,
>
> Let's preface any such comments by giving a nod of
> thanks to our list admin for providing this service
> completely free of charge, without ever so much as a
> banner ad or plea for donations!

Yes, this goes without saying.

> IMO, Leica-users has been wildly successful; so
> successful in fact, that it's become a kind of virtual
> pub, and longtime members have made it their second
> home even as their enthusiasm for Leica in particular
> has faded in favor of other pursuits. For more purely
> Leica photo-related talk, I suggest the Leica forum at
> photo.net: It's arranged in a way that makes ignoring
> unwanted threads easy (but yes, there are banner ads).
>
> Jeff

The problem is that the S/N ratio has gotten so out of control on the
LUG that it is defeating its original purpose. I'm willing to exercise
the delete key liberally, and have never commented negatively when
discussions stray into single malt scotches or Tilly hats. But when the
bulk of the traffic is increasingly made up of non-Leica photography
chatter (i.e. digital) then I think the participants need to exercise a
little more self-discipline about where to take those conversations. I
don't see why it should be me that leaves to find Leica-related talk
rather than the non-Leica talkers.

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014

Replies: Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Is digital photography necrophilia?)