Subject: RE: [Leica] Ebay-fraud?
From: "frank theriault" <knarftheriault@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:15:29 -0400

Hi, Joseph,

I have the same policy as someone who posted earlier:  "I only bid as much
as I don't mind losing".

I think the most expensive item I ever bought on eBay was a lens for which I
paid around $70US - more than I usually spend on eBay, but it was such a
good price, I took a chance.  Luckily I didn't get burned.

I can't believe it when I hear of those who spend thousands for a camera or
whatever.  All the assurances in the world (positive feedback or whatever)
won't ~guarantee~ a successful transaction.

At least at a store, I can hold the camera, lens, or whatever, and I walk
out of the place with the thing in hand.  I find that comforting...

cheers,
frank

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.  The pessimist
fears it is true."  -J. Robert Oppenheimer