Subject: RE: [Leica] Anyone been using the DiMAGE 5400?
From: Allen Graves <ahgraves@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:22:52 -0500

I use Silverfast 6.1 with Mac OSX and Photoshop
7> It is incredibly stable and probably is the
best scanner software I've ever used (Nikon,
Epson and Microtek are all crap on the Mac
platform), I also use Vuescan, depending on the
image.

I agree that the interface for Silverfast, for
lack of a better term is "inscrutable"(any better
word sets off Eudora's "flame" filter). However,
it hides an incredibly powerful piece of software
which is great for batch scanning a roll of film
and applying similar corrections to a number of
similarly exposed negatives. I think that it is
worth downloading the demo of the latest version
and giving it a try.

As an aside, Vuescan is also a great program,
butits interface is, if anything, even less
optimal.

Allen