Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: A priceless comment
From: "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:24:34 -0400

Good question...  Richard is, of course, as some of us are, heavily invested
in silver halide photography and view the digital electronic media with the
unease born of ignorance. I freely admit to being born a bit too early to be
at ease with the digital (read computer) world as my children and
grandchildren are. They seem to be born understanding it's principles and
methods.  To me it is a means to an end, another method of communicating and
a novel means of capturing images.  But I am an analog person. I look at a
CD or DVD (or tape for that matter) and don't see an image. I look at a
negative or trany and see an image or a potential pix.

Down in my monkey brain (core) computers and digital photography seem not a
little like magic. The jury's still out whether or not it's black or white
magic.

Thanks for letting me muse a bit...  and this is NOT intended as a troll...

JB

Doug Herr opined;