Subject: Re: [Leica] Ebay-fraud?
From: "Patrick \(Washington, DC\)" <patotts@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 07:30:40 -0700 (PDT)

I was also contacted by a scammer only a few days ago after biddong on
a camera item on eBay.  I played along to make sure that this person
indeed  had no knowledge about the item I was interested in (could not
produce any serial numbers, wanted the money sent by Western Union to
Atlanta when the "me" section for the "seller" was listed as a Bait N'
Tackle shop in NJ etc.)

I reported the matter to the eBay Fraud Group since this is obviously a
case of hi-jacked identity.

Cheers,

p.