Subject: [Leica] Re: Portfolio
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:19:36 -0500

Jon:

>He said there were over 100 examples of his work
>in the book and that to reproduce it would be very expensive...which of
>course he has to do... I arbitrarily put a loss value of $2500 on the
>book....roughly $25 a print. Is this a fair appraisal?

I'd talk to a tax attorney.  I'm assuming that there will be some sort of
documentation needed other than "I think it will cost $x per picture to
replace it."  If he's going to go ahead and replace it, just use the
receipts from that for the valuation of the loss.

Eric

Replies: Reply from "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Portfolio)
Message from "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net> ([Leica] Portfolio)