Subject: Re[4]: [Leica] Chris Williams, did you see this Panasonic?
From: Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:48:53 -0700

Hello Afterswift,

Saturday, October 4, 2003, 10:48:32 PM, you wrote:

Aac> I was talking about the body design, which is still digital in form, as is my
Aac> nifty 5050, and the newer 5060. I prefer the classic film body and its
Aac> simplicity. OK, I'm conservative in camera preferences. I just hope it will be
Aac> applied to digitals.

Aac> Bob

  Er, I have maybe 35 cameras, dating from the late 1800's to 2002.
  The film bodies are all over the place in style. I really don't have
  an idea what you mean by classic film body and its simplicity.  Have
  you ever seen a  Kodak 35 Rangefinder?  No simplicity there.
  http://homepage.mac.com/mattdenton/photo/cameras/kodak_35.html

  How about folders, twin lens reflexes?   That Panasonic looks more
  like a 1990's film SLR than many film cameras today.

  S.