Subject: Re: [Leica] @#$@$# Leica M6
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:01:14 -0500

I have had this problem when the film has a significant bend across the
film in the area of the leader.  I have found that bending the leader in
the reverse direction to reduce the bend fixes this problem.  I think it is
getting caught between the film rails and the back when this happens - Just
a guess as to the reason.

Gene

                      "David D. Degner"
                      <leicanews@myrealbox.com>           To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  [Leica] @#$@$# Leica M6
                      -alto.ca.us

                      10/03/2003 02:20 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

The first time I thought I just loaded it wrong, the second time I kicked
myself for not watching the crank knob, the third time it just made me
sick.  In shooting 6 36exp. rolls of film 3 of them didn't wind.  The film
was placed in perfectly the film advance felt normal but the film just
didn't move (and the rewind crank doesn't move). After I open the back
glare at it's innards and close it (without touching the film) it will wind
perfectly.  I haven't heard of this happening before.  My film advance
feels and sounds normal and the film leader isn't slipping out of its tongs
but it just doesn't wind around the spool.

David Degner

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] @#$@$# Leica M6)