Subject: RE:Re: [Leica] Closest thing to a Digital M announced today!
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:36:36 +0200

Well, I sure would like to see one!  I'm talking about something that
>can produce the image quality of at least the Canon 10D with L lenses.

>Even the much vaunted Sony DSC-F717, which was arguably the best of the

>5mp P&S cameras in terms of overall image quality is nowhere near the
>equal of the 10D with L series glass mounted.

I was yesterday in the Sonimag the Spanish photographic event, a midget
Spanish Photokina, and handed all the new toys including the Sony. With
his small captor is definitely a worse camera that the EOS 10D and even
that the new digital Rebel (300D in Europe) that I handed for long.

This Photographic Fair showed me that film is far behind right now.
Approximately 95 % of the hardware was digital. Large format was truly
scarce two, or three cameras and a small bunch of lenses. Medium format
was almost so scarce.

Brands like Kyocera are going clearly behind. Leica had a very nice
stand but every piece was untouchable inside cabinets. They told me the
digital back will be here next year. I seriously doubt it. The full set
of cameras and lenses was there but they did not mention the new 90
macro. The big zooms are beautiful. I got the book with all the Leica
products.

In the big ones field Nikon do not admit they are preparing a full
format, DSLR what they really are doing, and they are, as always,
arrogant, but Canon is, more and more though they themselves do not
concede it, the true leader.

Absolutely nothing new, it's a provincial fair, but an amusing time.

Felix