Subject: Re: [Leica] CM, Cl...Whats It To Ya?
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:21:02 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/03 3:59:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
buzz.hausner@verizon.net writes:

> However, I want to establish my minority opinion that the CL was and is
>  a pooch.  There is a lot wrong with the camera the details of which
>  discussion may be found in the archives.
>
>   Buzz Hausner
- --------------------------------
The CL is an acquired taste. But once you have it, you savor the CL. It's
light, has a precision focal plane shutter, splendid compact 40mm and 90mm lenses,
a bright viewfinder, looks like a P&S, a hot shoe, a sensitive advisory
spot-like meter which gives you pause for thought, and a terrific film holding
system that keeps the film absolutely flat. That adds up to a very high quality
camera. If only I could buy a new lens shade for the 40mm like the original...

That new Leica digital looks a lot like the CL. And it has a REAL lens. My
Oly nifty 5050 might have competition. Must talk to my banker. In the long run
- -- when the chips are down -- the CL triumphs.

br