Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus on Digital
From: Mark Delk <macdude4@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:02:33 -0400

A couple of years ago there was a company ? SiliconFilm ? that was
trying to develop a digital film cartridge that would replace the real
film cartridge. The idea was that the sensor would line up in the same
place as the light hits the normal film and would be saved to memory
inside the cartridge like part. There was no LCD or other normal
digital type controls.
If I remember right it would fit inside a normal Nikon F4 and required
no alterations in the camera. In fact you could shoot a roll of film,
take it out , drop in the digital cartridge , shoot digital , take it
out and drop in film , repeat as needed.
Something along this line is what I want for the Leica M series. Being
able to shoot both digital and film in the same camera would be
fantastic.
I have a Fuji S2 digital for shooting wildlife, and I never use the LCD
to review my pics. And while shooting I rarely change camera setting
except for Speed and f-stop.

Mark

Replies: Reply from "David D. Degner" <leicanews@myrealbox.com> ([Leica] Cameras FS New Store)