Subject: Re: [Leica] Oriental Asians
From: Mark Delk <macdude4@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:56:42 -0400

I was talking to a friend about political correctness and mentioned
this discussion, I found her response interesting.

When she hears Oriental, she thinks about the rich history and culture
of the Orient

When she hears Asian, she thinks about “Made in China”, cheep knockoffs
and pirate DVD’s ect.

So for her Oriental is positive and Asian is negative	.

Just goes to show hoe different people find different meanings in words.

Mark