Subject: RE: [Leica] Oriental Asians
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:35:23 -0400

Marc J. Small wrote...

I'll have to ask my Oriental friends about this.  Perhaps they would
rather be called Far Eastians?

- ---
Perhaps that's just the point...That "the far East" is a "Western"
perspective...To those in China, Japan, etc., WE are the Far Easterners,
aren't we? All depends upon one's perspective....;-)

And of course we could just as easily refer to Asia as the "far West,"
couldn't we? Depends upon which way you're headed...