Subject: Re: [Leica] FOCUS GROUPS for LEICA/ HERMES
From: Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 14:05:01 -0400

In my computer industry experience, and the conclusion by some experts in
that area is that Focus groups can help with creating incremental
improvements in products, but the breakthrough ideas and products don't come
out of focus groups.  Focus group constituents tend to look at what they
need this year and next, while, because of the long idea gestation and
development cycles, Vendors have to look out a number of years ahead, gauge
what the market will require a number of years down the road and empasize
that target in their R&D.  I think of focus groups as providing input into
establishing sustaining development priorities.

AGS