Subject: Re: [Leica] Now Departing...Your Favorite Specialty Camera Store
From: Craig Schroeder <craig@craigschroeder.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:23:09 -0500

I had exactly this experience yesterday.  I have been experimenting with
tanning developers recently and had most of a roll of 220 HP5+ in a 6X7
camera that I wanted to develop.  I pressed the rig into duty with a
200mm and took shots of my son's high school soccer game action.  I was
very surprised at the excellent results (partly from the extreme
highlight control of  the Exactol Lux I was playing with), as this was
done out of frugalness and as sort of a lark.  The pictures printed
extremely well in 8X10 and 11X14 and it was very gratifying to watch
viewers' mouths drop when they saw the prints.

People have accepted lower and lower quality as the norm as they have
become de-sensitized by one hour labs and consumer digital results.
Seeing the fabric threads of the silky uniforms in those action shots
was quite a departure from the usual fare and the viewers truly
appreciated the difference when presented with it.

Message from frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Now Departing...Your Favorite Specialty Camera Store)