Subject: Re: [Leica] scan question
From: Nathan Wajsman <>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:40:55 +0200

Hi Simon,

I find Scala the most challenging film to scan. Somehow it seems more
"dense" than other films, so that I have to really crank up the gamma
adjustment in Vuescan much more than with any other film. So your experience
is normal. Scala has become my standard B&W film since I moved to the
Netherlands, because my darkroom is not yet set up in the new house and will
not be for another 2-3 months.

BTW, how much extra does s-Color charge for pushing it?