Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: New items
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:04:46 -0400

Larry,
The new Kodak film is indeed a new film.  It is actually quite a nice
film.  Compared to older Kodak 400 emulsions it has a much nicer grain
structure: very tight fine pattern with no clumping.  Contrast is a good
deal more than the Portra series with color balance more neutral than
previous attempts but still on the warm side of Fuji.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it is good enough that you should
buy whichever emulsion is less expensive between Kodak and Fuji.  But,
you can buy 20 roll packs of Fuji all day for less than $50 so I don't
think the great yellow father is going to match that.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com