Subject: RE: [Leica] ceremony conclusion...
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:24:43 -0400

I've been told by a funeral director here in Boston that photography -
usually by mourners - at Asian and Asian-American funerals here is
extremely common. In most cases, he said, the photos are being taken to
send back to family members in whatever the homeland may be.

I have to say that the idea of photography of funerals makes as much
sense to me as photography of weddings - these are the two occasions in
a life-time when complete extended families are likely to come together
and renew ties or animosities. They are important occasions in the life
of any family.

Remember, funerals are for, and often about, the living - not the
deceased.

B. D.