Subject: Re: [Leica] Linux and OS X
From: Jeff S <four_season_photo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 07:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

>Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:48:29 EDT
>From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
>Subject: [Leica] Linux and OS X
>
>>Jeff writes:
>>
>><<Meanwhile, some kid too poor to buy MS Film
devises >>a new emulsion and chemistry from scratch,
and offers
>>the formulae free to anyone who asks. It has the
>>advantage of being pretty rot- and insect-resistant.
>>Pro photographers recognize a good thing and begin
>>adopt it, but amateurs are initially put off by the
>>often plain packaging, lack of advertising, the need
>>to bulk-load, and cut one's own leaders. >>
>
>Since OS X and Linux are kissing cousins and my
>university is rapidly connverting its Unix softwere
to >OS X, how does that affect your analogy?

You said they're "kissing cousins", I didn't.

Photo analogy? I suppose you've devised a way to cut
and spool standard 35mm film onto LeicaFilm cassettes.
Exactly why you'd want to, when there are fine 35mm
cameras to be had is another matter (and I think it
best to leave that particular can of worms off-list)

Jeff