Subject: Re: [Leica] Medical PR
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:36:39 -0700

Hardly. All due respect to your daughter, I found it highly unethical
for news stations to present those PR "fillers" as news. All they were
was ad placement at best, and mis-informing people as to their best
options at worst. But then, it WAS TV after all, so it isn't like they
do much better without the help.

Newspapers with any ethics have a policy to fact check all press
releases and to rewrite them to be as much news as possible and less
spoon-fed PR. That kind of stuff has its place - on the "events page"
and that's about it.

On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 08:11  PM, LRZeitlin@aol.com wrote:

> And you probably thought medical n
> ews was objective ---

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"If we had time for more meetings, we would have made more mistakes."
Leon Trotsky