Subject: Re: [Leica] Not quite PAW, but please could you take a look
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:10:23 -0700

Simon Stevens showed and asked:
>> but please could you take a look
> http://www.camera-craftsman.com/Doreen.html<<<

Hi Simon,
my immediate reaction was.... Why did he have her look straight into the
camera?

Yep it's a family exposure, sharp and properly exposed. However, it's so
simple to have the subject, yours or any others reading this, to have
another person there talking to the subject and creating a "subject
listening eye relationship" not looking straight into the camera. and in
many cases makes for a nicer face line shape.

Yep I've had people look straight into the camera, hundreds and hundreds of
times and most were OK! But!

It only takes one person talking to the subject to distract them slightly
off camera and it can become a very beautiful portrait. Not that looking
into the camera wont create a beautiful portrait, but the subject just of
camera usually makes for a better picture from my experience.

ted