Subject: RE: [Leica] digitalrebel
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:12:51 -0400

Your first response did get through, but not with the first part
attached in its second iteration - or something like that -:-)

For the vast majority of those on this list, who only take photos for
their own pleasure and the pleasure of friends and family, it matters
not where the digital bar goes in the future. At this point, cameras
with 5-6.8 mgp processors can produce stunning images up to 13 x 19 -
and with the help of computer manipulation, can produce stunning
posters...Yes, some pros may be forced to upgrade with annoying
regularity - but even that is no longer all that likely with the advent
of digital cameras that can shoot 10 fps and produce images of
sufficiently high quality for newspaper and magazine reproduction. It is
quite telling, btw, that both Canon and Nikon are introducing lenses
clearly designed to be used with smaller - rather than full-size - ccds.
I'd be willing to be that the Canon EOS1Ds is going to be Canon's only
full-frame digital for a long-time to come, and will have relatively
limited use for specific purposes.

And remember, btw, that I was the one who a number of months back said
that the new Nikon pro camera would NOT be full-frame, but would have
faster capture and write speed, have improved electronics, etc. etc. At
that time I was pretty universally told I was a twit, and that Nikon
would have to produce a full-frame camera. Wellllllll....:-)

B. D.