Subject: [Leica] digital Canon question
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:55:38 -0500

Since these days this seems to be a Canon/Leica list (oh happy day since
I shoot with both) I have a question I'm sure one of you can answer for
me.

I shoot with a Canon 10D and up until this past weekend I've always kept
its color space on sRGB and gotten lovely prints with no manipulation in
Photoshop.

After doing some reading I switched it to RGB (Adobe 1998) believing
this to be a better color space for prints.

I did a shoot this weekend in RGB (Adobe 1998) and am disappointed with
the results...they are rather flat looking images with a noticable blue
cast. Again, these were printed with no manipulation in Photoshop.

The prints were done at a lab...not on my inkjet.

Any help, ideas or suggestions as to why this RGB color space is so much
worse than the sRGB? Everything in the camera was left alone...no
adjustment to white balance, etc.

To keep on topic, I developed 2 rolls of Leica bw film yesterday and
hope to print them up this weekend. I LOVE having the speed of digital
to play against the traditional slowness of processing 'real' film. Life
gives so much wonderful variety it's a wonder we can contain ourselves.

Thanks much.
Lea

Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press www.whinydogpress.com