Subject: [Leica] Re: Another R8 [rewind] question
From: "Robert D. Baron" <rbaron@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:19:25 -0500

Ruddy writes:

> My R8 advances wonderfully but refuses to rewind via the motor drive rewind lever.  I tried
> cleaning off the contacts

I have intermittently experienced this using the same motor drive on
both my R8 and my R9. After fiddling and experimenting the only answer I
came up with was: when I had advanced the film all the way out to its
full length it seemed to put some sort of tension (I guess) on the
mechanism and the motorized rewind wouldn't work; I could manually
rewind the film just a little bit and then the motor could be activated.

If I didn't squeeze off that last exposure or two the motorized rewind
switch would work just fine.

Your Mileage May Definitely Vary, but this Worked For Me.

- --Bob

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Another R8 [rewind] question)