Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The new 8 mp Leica
From: Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:49:29 -0400

I got a chance (when I visited Kyle's exhibit back in May) to try out
the 8MP - yes, that button IS present, and it does indeed 'eject' the
lens with some vigor, evidently it secures extra tight to keep the
lens mount-CCD parallelism super accurate (no Konica-M follies here).

I found that on auto that it would blow out the highlights - my 2 MP
Nikon 995 did a better job in some cases.  But the ergonomics of the
8 were great, and battery life was pretty decent.

Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...