Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica USA parts policy
From: Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:44:54 -0400

I emailed Mr Horn about the policy so I'm guessing this is the reason
I got this email today:

>Dear Leica User:
>
>As you are aware, several weeks ago, Leica Camera Inc. instituted a
>policy of restricting sales of all parts that required special
>tools, special expertise or special test equipment to all outside
>parties.  This change was based on an increasing level of customer
>complaints pertaining to repairs of their Leica equipment done by
>outside parties.  While acknowledging that there are some excellent
>repair facilities outside of Leica Camera, there are also many
>repair outlets that do not provide the level of service that Leica
>customers are entitled to.
>
>There are many Leica owners that are not as well informed about
>repair facilities as LHSA members, or members of the LUG, and
>therefore have not always had the positive service experience that
>you have had.
>
>We appreciate having customers that care enough to take the time to
>provide us with their valuable feedback.  As a result of this
>feedback and your desire to be able to choose your service provider,
>we have rescinded the above policy effective immediately.
>

>Roger W. Horn                                   Raymond Tomaselli
>President, Leica Camera Inc.                    V.P. Operations,
>Leica Camera Inc.

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

WARNING:  Above message may contain nuts or nut products.