Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: No digital comments?
From: "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:52:54 -0700

Ernie:

You really hit a nerve with this one.  Friends - that's an important part of
being on this list.

Over the past couple of years I have come to know some of the people
(including you) on this list in a way that makes me feel closer to them than
to those I know and see here in Olalla on a regular basis.  And that is
perhaps the greatest benefit of being a member of this list.

And as friends, I feel that we can agree to disagree from time to time
without getting all out of joint with one another.  Just as we have been
doing over this issue.  A little heated at times, yes - but almost never
mean or nasty.

We have now heard from a large number of people.  They have made their
points - pro and con - about this issue.  And there have been good points
made on each side.  I have heard some very good arguments that have changed
my thinking about some of the things I originally supported.  Others have
argued strongly for points I feel are important.  But in the end, I have
come out of this more tolerant and accepting of postings that talk of and
show things that are not Leica related.  I have come to understand that they
are part of the enrichment we get from others with a different perspective.
And that's good.

Time now to end it and go on.  Hopefully, some good will come of it.  Things
will no doubt continue much as they have always done on the LUG, but each of
us, I hope, will come away from this a little more understanding of the
other person's point of view.  I know I will.

And I hope that those I have come to call friend will still be my friend.

Ted