Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: No digital comments?
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:56:55 -0400

Chandos  you raise some interesting thoughts - such as why do I
continue to subscribe and read LUG?

For me its the camaraderie 80% of the time and increased photo
knowledge 20%.  This last figure gets smaller each year as you would
expect.  The recent discussion on Xtol went by me because I swore off
Xtol a long time ago and settled on a combo of film and developer I
like.  I already own all the equipment that a normal mortal should or
could own.

In the final anaylsis it's the repartee, the friendships made, the hope
of someday dropping in on a LUGer in another part of the world ( Don't
worry Alastair - I'd call before hand:) that keeps me here.  So while
the list may no longer serve your needs Chandos it still serves mine
and in a selfish way would love to see you stay.  A truly selfish
reason.

I also have this theory which only pertains to some but not all middle
aged males - it's that I find as a middle age male hard to form
friendships like Woman do - that was until the internet came along.
The ability to email, chat etc has made a difference.

Anyway enough of this introspective stuff - only one last comment why
is it the people that streak are the ones you NEVER want to see naked
and the folks on internet lists that should leave never do?

ernie

Replies: Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> ([Leica] new 8mp Leica digi?)
Reply from "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@charter.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: No digital comments?)