Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: No digital comments?
From: "Chandos Michael Brown" <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:10:20 -0400

The simple answer to this is that it wouldn't matter what we thought.
None of these guys would feel the need to sit around and gas on about
99% of what occupies the attention of the largely middle-aged guys who
populate this list (with apologies to all those whom I've excluded in
this description).

And your comments crystallize something important for me, BD.  I joined
the list years ago because I felt isolated in the use of this esoteric
gear and because I was genuinely interested in improving my images.
Well, a few years' wiser and a few thousand dollars poorer, very little
Leica is still esoteric to me (at least the sorts of things that I want
to know) and I still continue to work on my images, though they, and I,
I think, are diverging from the interests of this group.

Most of you folk are terrific, and it's been a lot of fun at times, but
it's time to sign off for the indefinite future.  I convey to you
collectively my best wishes and gratitude for what you've shared, but
it's time . . .

Chandos