Subject: RE: [Leica] Don's PAW 31 Focus on the eye - should be eyes
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 08:46:36 -0400

Phong,
Thank you for your comments.  As to the Biotar, I originally bought it
to adapt it to an M.  However, there is a used camera shop in town that
made me a deal on a Topcon body that I could dedicate to this lens.
Topcon essentially took Exacta's mount so that opens up many European
lens designs.

As an aside, once you discard absolute sharpness, the Biotar is a very
good lens, there is lots of micro detail without ultra high contrast.  I
would almost call it a money lens as it produces images that almost no
one can match.  Most shooters today are using zooms and modern designs
that emphasis contrast which is often not what we want for a portrait.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com