Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux and .72
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 17:15:22 -0400

from 1966 to 1998 or so .72 was as good as it got in a regular
non-commemorative leica camera (i.e., M6J), and the f1 noctiliux
came out in 1976, so on that basis, it should be a reasonable
combination in that leica themselves could offer no better.

that being said, i do prefer the .85, and m3, and the 1.25
magnifiers.  my eyes are not the best (too many years of reading
and using computer monitors) and can use all the
help they can get.

- -rei

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 08:40:03PM -0700, Ted Grant wrote:

> Hi feli,
> I used the .72 for years with the Noctilux as I didn't know there was
> anything else.:-) I suppose most of those years I would've been wearing
> glasses as well and I never related to a focus problem.
>
> Today with the M7's sometimes with the .72 or the .85 if I'm working a
> 28-35-5o combination of glass.
> ted

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com