Subject: Re: [Leica] "lag time" and the real world.
From: "David M. dorn" <dmdorn_ct_usa@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:23:02 -0400

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 06:16  PM, Leica Users digest wrote:

> Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:59:17 -0700
> From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] "lag time" and the real world.
>
> At 9:47 PM -0700 8/6/03, David Young wrote:

>> "......For those gearheads who simply want to know what cameras have
>> what
>> shutter lag times, they should consult
>>
>> http://www.fone.net/~rfrankd/CameraCompatibility6/
>> CameraCompatibility6.htm
>>
>> Which lists numerous SLR's in various formats.
>>
>> Personally, I'm with Ted. I won't worry about it. Unless I'm
>> selecting another camera, or taking shots of lightning.Cheers!
>> ----------

My first cameras were all rangefinders, from an Argus C-3 to an M2.  On
my first attempt to use a SLR I was not happy mainly due to the lag but
then Canon introduced the Pellix with its pellicle (sp?) mirror.
Canon's Pellix, EOS RT and the EOS 1NRS were the only SLR's, that I am
aware of,  to have rangefinder like lag times.

I also just remembered that someone did a conversion for Leica's
Visoflex to replace the hinged mirror with a pellicle mirror.  I
thought it was a great idea and now wish I had acquired one.  BTW does
anyone remember who did the conversion....or recall the photo mag
article that described the conversion.

David