Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 vs M3 "lag time" -- How can we find out some realnumbers?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 05:39:06 -0700

Richard F. Man explained:
>Points well taken, Ted, but there's another side to your argument. Sure you
>do not care whether the lag is 13 mseconds or 100 msecs, but you *know*
>approximately how long when you press the shutter before you hear the
>click. If it sounds instantaneous to you, great!

>It is like if you have to calculate the trajectory of a ball given all the
>variables, you gotta have some fancy math, but most human learn to throw a
>ball fairly well after a few tries. And the ball is thrown usually just as
>well even if some thing change (e.g. moving farther apart). Does your brain
>perform all the calculus or differential equations? Probably not, but
>somewhere something is learnt.<<<

Thanks Richard for the explanation. So in effect, I don't relate to it
because my years of experince have built in a release corerction time I'm
not even aware is there? Correct?

ted

Message from "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com> (Re: [Leica] M7 vs M3 "lag time" -- How can we find out some realnumbers?)