Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA2002 survey results and visoflex
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 00:32:21 -0700

tripspud wrote:

> Hi Mark!
>
>       While we're on the suject of the Visoflex, which Leitz
> 90s and 135s allowed use at infinity via removable focusing
> mounts?
>
>       Is the Visoflex at all practical for the Novoflex quickfocus
> system?  Are was it ever?  I guess there are way better choices
> with the Novoflex tele system since adpts are available for many
> cameras.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rich Lahrson
><Snip>
> > >
> > > --
> > > Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
> > > Ridgewood, New Jersey

I was not sure about old 90's but i got an old 135 f4.5 Hektor which
unscrew the head off of and it works better on my Viso than anything.
It's sharp as heck and cost me $99.99. Plus tax.
I'd forgotten this would probably be the case with a 90 of that vintage.
That vintage maning those lense which come apart making for a "head"
that can be easily put on a Viso or perhaps other things. Your TV antenna.
I do recall being told that the 135 works out the best.

Marc James Small said this on the LUG in '99.

> Hmm.  I believe Novoflex lenses have an optical registration of 10cm, so an
> adapter would be required for either the PLOOT/Visoflex I or the Novoflex
> reflex housing, but I am not certain whether the Novoflex housing shares
> the 62.5mm depth of the PLOOT/Viso I.  I'll pull mine (I have both of the
> Novoflex housings for Leica TM/M and Contax RF, as well as three PLOOT's
> and both versions of the Visoflex I) to compare them, when I have a chance.
>
> The Novoflex lens is quite good, incidentally.  The early ones were from
> Steinheil and the later from Dr Staeble Opticische-Werke, and both types
> are excellent user lenses.
>
> Marc

This is one of the main things i found on a simple Novoflex Viso Goggle
search. Half the time when I do such a search I get me. From a lug post.
When brings the question if I am searching for something and I get me
why would i need to search for it?
All i can say is those brain cells are dying all the time.

I got a Rodenstock 75 f4 Apo Rodagon D optimized for 1:1
http://www.adoramacamera.com/RD754APOD.html
shown here for $660 but i got mine used for $150!

But he kept the protective filter and lens cap for himself.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] LHSA2002 survey results and visoflex)