Subject: RE: [Leica] M camera NOW R camera ?
From: "Randy Jensen" <randy@jamzcheer.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:00:33 -0700

<<<btw aren't the R bodes Minolta inspired and some lenses, sigma designed?
Eeks! :P>>>

Have you noticed how reliable XD-11s are?  That's the body the R4 is "based
on."  When I worked in a camera store and someone brought one in 'broken' it
was almost always the battery.  I'm just glad Leica didn't go to Olympus for
help.  Can you imagine Leicas based on an OM-10 (don't wind that camera
yet - make sure it's finished its exposure or it's GONE).

From what I understand they partnered with Minolta because they were so far
behind the times with their SLR technology.  They apparently LOST money on
the SL2.

I think if the first batch of R4 cameras hadn't had the terrible electronics
problem they had, a lot of the bad feeling of their reliability wouldn't
exist.

Randy
www.randyjensenphoto.com