Subject: RE: [Leica] M camera NOW R camera ?
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:08:42 -0500

Tom

Does a 280/2.8 count?  they've had one of those for along time, first one
real nice and current one is part of their Modular system.

Gene

                      "tOM Trottier"
                      <Tom@Abacurial.com>                 To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  RE: [Leica] M camera NOW R camera ?
                      -alto.ca.us

                      07/30/2003 02:46 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003 at 9:00
Randy Jensen <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> wrote:

> Have you noticed how reliable XD-11s are?  That's the body the R4 is
"based
> on."  When I worked in a camera store and someone brought one in 'broken'
it
> was almost always the battery.  I'm just glad Leica didn't go to Olympus
for
> help.  Can you imagine Leicas based on an OM-10 (don't wind that camera
> yet - make sure it's finished its exposure or it's GONE).

Ah, but when will Leica have a 250/2 lens....

tOM
- ---- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur ----
   ,__@            tOM Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:+1-775-307-4133
 _-\_<,            758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)                       ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714
safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too
much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
- -Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826)