Subject: Re: [Leica] M camera NOW R camera ?
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:17:34 -0700

First of all, older R bodies are based on Minolta, and a few zooms are
built by Sigma.

And yes, we  understand BD's point. But we address other parts of his
message as well.

I have talked with Jim Nachtwey. In fact, I photographed him with my
Leica R.

He uses Leica M in addition to his Canons. If I was a war photographer
I would have adopted Canon AF lenses long, long ago. A lot of
photojournalists use that combination. But fewer and fewer will since
Leica isn't digital in the M line, and won't be for who knows how long?

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 10:02  PM, Red Dawn wrote:

> btw aren't the R bodes Minolta inspired and some lenses, sigma
> designed?
> Eeks! :P

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Never miss a good chance to shut up.  - Will Rogers.

Replies: Reply from "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg> (Re: [Leica] M camera NOW R camera ?)