Subject: Re: [Leica] MP's tp plate
From: Rick Dykstra <rdcb37@cyberone.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:20:52 +1000

I went and had another look at an MP today.  Am I missing something?
The Leica script is engraved and filled with paint.   ????

The shop had a new silver MP sitting on red velvet, next to a nearly
new silver M3.  I asked to have a play with the M3 (my first time!) and
it was everything I've read about. Very solid feel, firm controls knobs
dials etc.  The shutter was quieter than any M6 I've used.  I didn't
think the viewfinder was as bright as an M6, but the magnification was
like reality.  Only two sets of framelines, (50 and 90??) and they were
better lit than any M6

They wanted $5200 kanga bucks for the MP and $3900 for the M3.  That
would be about $2200 US for the M3 - a bit expensive, no?

Rick Dykstra.

Replies: Reply from Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] MP's tp plate)
Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] MP's tp plate)