Subject: [Leica] M6 & SF20 flash. Help me diagnose pls.
From: Rick Dykstra <rdcb37@cyberone.com.au>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:21:45 +1000

I was shooting at a children's party today, using my M6 Classic with
SF20 flash.  Some funny flash things happened, but they might be normal.

1.  Once the flash had gone into standby after three minutes my M6
would not reactivate it upon lightly touching the shutter button, even
though the light meter would activate.  I could only get the flash
ready by touching its own buttons or switching it off and then on
again.  Does this happen with yours?  I cleaned all the contacts  - no
difference.  I should say that the camera did trigger the flash if the
flash was active.

I checked my M6 TTL and a light touch of the shutter button powers up
the flash if it has gone to standby.  Hmmm...

2.  With the M6 Classic in an uncocked state depressing the shutter
button nearly down to the release point would trigger the flash (if
active), without releasing the shutter.  It would even do this with
with the battery removed.  While this is a bit weird, once understood I
suppose it would advise the photographer that the camera was not ready
to shoot.  Does yours do this?

Once the shutter is partly cocked this no longer happens.

Your findings, please?

Regards, Rick Dykstra, Australia.