Subject: Re: [Leica] R8-9 question for long exposures
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:13:54 -0700

That is simply NOT true. I have used my R8 with the mechanical setting
many, many times. It's on the shutter speed dial, and like the older
Nikon F bodies, it's labled "T." That is mechanical.

But it's a moot point. Get the motor or winder with the rechargeable
battery and it's no big deal to do hours-long exposures.

On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 05:30  PM, langhans wrote:

> As the original poster, I already tested this.  With camera in OFF
> position,
> or with batteries remoded and camera in ON Manual, the shutter does
> not work
> at B or flash sync or any other shutter speed.  Totally electronic
> with no
> manual backup positions.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

AAAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse Anonymous