Subject: RE: [Leica] MP's tp plate
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:03:53 -0400

Proper value for your $2500? We're talking cameras, right, not status
wrist watches or circle pins? Well, then I would say that the only thing
that has anything to do with "value" for money would have to relate to
the actual build quality of the camera, or features that would improve
its reliability or my ability as a photographer. Not some crappy-ass
status symbol like the word "Leica" engraved on the top plate.

Hell, "guys and gals," I can take my M6 into my local jewelry store and
get "Leica" engraved in the top plate - will that give me more value for
the money?

:-)

B. D.

I can go into any crappy jewelry store on the planet, buy a cheap ID
bracelet, and get it engraved with the name Leica. BFD. So please
explain how an engraved top plate gives you value for money - as
oppossed to a shutter mechanism that is more accurate than that in, say,
an M6; or a faster flash sync; or perhaps a true spot metering system